Friday, February 17, 2012

Farewell speech

Good evening everyone present here,
Well i am confused that how a person like me who has loved every inch and corner of this stage be so hesitant to come here and speak. I am here to deliver my farewell speech. my last speech as a student in St. johns. The fact that this speech has to sum up on just one thought "St. johns i am gonna miss you"
Most of us joined this institution in the year 2000, crying and begging our parents not to send us to school and here we are today once crying for having to leave the school. St. Johns taught me to think, to to dream. It taught me to detect my faults, my weaknesses and strengths as well. No matter what i say in the next few minutes nothing will sum up even a fraction of how much i owe to this divine institution.
Many exciting things happen in our lives. We forget some unpleasant memories but the pleasant one always remains. We will cherish this memories and often talk about them in the future.
I vividly remember that day It was 15th February and I with my friends were bunking as usual,
But this time some teachers spotted us and asked us to surrender our ties or they would complain to Principal. But the teachers were amazed to  learn our odesity as we our self went to the Principal and confessed. The principal was kind enough to forgive us. Everything went back to normal and we continued the our daily routine .
I would also like to share this my first class teacher - Mrs Rosy, beautiful lady. I used to compliment her on her dressing. I don't know whether you remember me or no. I still remember you and always continue to remember. Once again today for the last time i would like to say MA'am u are really very beautiful.
Moving on further whenever i think of this institution,  all the previous principal and the present Rev. Fr. Michael Pinto, Asst. Head Mistress Mrs. Speciouza D'souza, all the teacher right from pre- primary to secondary and non teaching and support staff, the two different school buildings, corridors, different class rooms, library, school hall, playground and gardens where i found a new me everyday and of course you friend flash across my mind..
Today as we say good bye to each other and this school as school life has come to an end. Life will now open new doors for us. Anew phase of our life will begin. Friend live your life to the fullest and get every ounce of worth of it. Before you turn the page that begins the next chapter of your life take time to say thank you and good bye.
I will always cherish the memories given to me by this wonderful mammoth institution. I feel we have spend the bestest of best years of our lives in this school. We made many long lasting friends for our life. Also i would like to say sorry if i would have ever hurt your feelings unknowing and unintentionally.
Friends wherever you go in life remember to hold the name of this divine institution in high esteem. I assure you friends we will meet once again in life reliving and cherishing the good old days, sitting besides each other with tears of happiness in our eyes. Let me wish you the very best in life. singing off with lots of love, success and happiness. yours only Harsh ....
thank you and enjoy the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment